Conducted in part with NRF, the Mercer 2016 U.S. Retail Compensation and Benefits Survey provides compensation data, extensive HR and industry practices information, and benefit plan features for all merchandise categories including specialty retailers. With nearly 400 locations reported across the country, the data allows you to gain visibility of your competitors and view compensation trends that are specific to the retail industry.
How to purchase the full report
Results are available for the 2016 survey. You may order data anytime. NRF members receive special pricing on the non-participant rate — a valuable $1,500 savings:
- Survey participant: NRF member $1,500
- Survey non-participant: NRF member $3,000
- Survey non-participant: Non-NRF member $4,500
To purchase the full report, visit imercer.com/retail or call 800-333-3070.
This year's report includes analysis of 23 new positions, including distribution, e-commerce and merchandising roles. The survey contains the most comprehensive salary data on the latest pay, policies, practices and benefits trends to help retailers stay competitive in today's fast-paced industry.
Key report features
- Offers data analysis by size (revenue and employee), retail sector and subsector, organization type (corporate, division, subsidiary, group), ownership (public, private), number of stores, store revenue and other factors
- Includes statistics on base pay, incentives, total cash, pay structure and more.
- Reports prevalence for health/group, time loss, and retirement/savings plans.
- Offers optional reports at an additional fee, including total remuneration values and queries for specific issues.
Policies and Practices
- Provides incentive plan policies for select positions.
- Reports on commissions, sales contests, part-time benefits, paid time off (vacation, holiday, and sick leave), staffing ratios, turnover, employee discounts, severance plans, seasonal staffing, relocation policy, stock purchase plans, incentive stock option plans, work life programs and performance and recognition programs.
- Includes such categories as recruiting and retention, miscellaneous employee relations, dress code, emergency closing, perquisites, corporate office perquisites and company car practices.
You do not need to be an NRF member to purchase or participate in the survey. Prices vary by participation status, NRF membership status and quantity of users. Order online or call 800-333-3070.