Every year, Mercer and NRF team up to deliver the U.S. Retail Compensation and Benefits Survey. The survey collects data from hundreds of retailers and millions of employees to provide insights into compensation, turnover, incentive structures, benefits packages, demographics and dozens of other data points. Retailers use the data to view compensation trends and evaluate their benefits compared with competitors.
Take the survey
We need survey participation from a broad range of companies to ensure robust data; participants will receive the final results for only $1,975 (compared with $5,925 for non-participants or $3,950 for NRF members).
The surveys are open until May 15.
Take the compensation survey.
Take the benefits survey.
For more information on how to get involved, please click here.
Key report features
- Offers data analysis by size (revenue and employee), retail sector and subsector, organization type (corporate, division, subsidiary, group), ownership (public, private), number of stores, store revenue and other factors
- Includes statistics on base pay, incentives, total cash, pay structure and more
- Reports prevalence for health/group, time loss and retirement/savings plans
- Offers optional reports at an additional fee, including total remuneration values and queries for specific issues
Policies and Practices
- Provides incentive plan policies for select positions
- Reports on commissions, sales contests, part-time benefits, paid time off (vacation, holiday and sick leave), staffing ratios, turnover, employee discounts, severance plans, seasonal staffing, relocation policy, stock purchase plans, incentive stock option plans, work life programs and performance and recognition programs
- Includes such categories as recruiting and retention, miscellaneous employee relations, dress code, emergency closing, perquisites, corporate office perquisites and company car practices.