Floating Share Widget
NRF has been conducting its annual Easter survey since 2003 to see how consumers will spend for and celebrate during the popular spring holiday.
Easter spending is expected to total $18.2 billion this year, the second-highest level on record, according to the annual survey conducted for NRF by Prosper Insights & Analytics. A total of 81 percent of Americans will celebrate the holiday and spend an average of $150 per person.
Related releases and historical highlights
- 2017: A later Easter is expected to bring record spending
- 2016: Americans anticipate spending more than ever on Easter this year
- 2015: Consumers on the hunt for candy, new spring apparel this Easter
- 2014: Consumers hope to shake off the winter blues this Easter
- 2013: Easter Bunny keeps frugality in mind this year
Results of the Easter spending survey are released each year prior to the holiday.
- Retail Library
- Annual Retailer Lists
- 4-5-4 Calendar
- Retail Technology Standards
- Retail Safety
- About retail jobs
- Consumer Research and Data
- Future of Retail
- Buying Guides
Find out how the retail industry impacts jobs, income and GDP in your state. View the map and check out the data.