Summit 2015 Playbook
Floating Share Widget
Floating Rate Widget
RATE THIS ARTICLE
BE THE FIRST TO RATE THIS ARTICLE
36 retail insiders share tactical tips and big ideas
It’s not easy to plan ahead for big changes in technology — from drones to virtual reality to the Internet of Things — when you’re just trying to make it through the holiday season. This free download offers a 12-page mix of big-picture ideas and “quick wins” from experts at companies like Facebook, GoPro, Pinterest, Lowe’s, Warby Parker and BCBG Max Azria.
Velocity and Volatility
Technology is changing rapidly and evolving in seemingly unpredictable ways. What can retailers do to better predict and proactively prepare for seismic shifts that are already underway?
- Singularity University’s Salim Ismail and Facebook’s Nicolas Franchet on exponential change
- ChannelAdvisor’s Scot Wingo, Matternet CEO Andreas Raptopoulos and SmartThings' Maria Thomas on emerging technology
- Diamond Candles' Justin Winter on bringing an offline category online
- BCBG Max Azria’s Alex Golshan, Borderfree's Michael DeSimone and Forrester's Peter Sheldon on global opportunities
Information is the fuel that powers retail innovation. How can retailers use data to create better customer experiences?
- Fanatics CEO Doug Mack on retention, engagement and "phone-first" innovation
- BustedTees COO and co-founder Adam Schwartz rethinks retargeting
- Usablenet UK’s Leah Ryz and Kohl’s Director of Digital Merchandising Sarah Rasmusen on continuous optimization
- Author Rohit Bhargava on spotting non-obvious trends
- Stitch Fix COO Julie Bornstein, Sweet Valley Venture’s Jack Kiefer and Puma's Chris Hardisty on eliminating obstacles
- AirFilters.com’s Charles Montgomery shares five tips for listing products on Amazon
- Loop Commerce co-founder and CEO Roy Erez on making gift-giving easier
Relevance is the sweet spot between what a customer wants and what a retailer offers. From branding to product selection to customer experience, what can companies do to genuinely connect with customers?
- Tonic Design’s Chris Bye, RevZilla co-founder and CEO Anthony Bucci and Giggle’s Shawna Hausman on trust and authority
- Justin Ferrell, fellowships director at Stanford University’s Hasso Plattner Institute of Design, on asking better questions
- GoPro’s Meghan Litchfield, Lowe's exec Richard Chapman, KWOLIA’s Anne Marie Stephen and ChalkDust Consulting’s Debbie Kiederer on the challenges of creating better content
- Abercrombie and Fitch’s Billy May, Warby Parker's Chris Maliwat, Lilly Pulitzer's Jane Paradis and Pinterest's Michael Yamartino on social media
- Sailthru founder Neil Capel, e-commerce strategy consultant Craig Schinn and The Container Store's Melissa Collins on meaningful personalization
- How Reflektion impressed Startup of the Year judges to win the top prize
- What Adlucent’s Michael Griffin learned from a simple A/B test on paid search advertising
Plus recommended reading, #shoporg15 social snapshot and more.
Shop.org is the industry’s largest, most vibrant and experienced online retail community, offering exclusive research, events and networking opportunities.