Fourth of July 2021
As vaccinations continue to roll out across the country and restrictions on gatherings are lifted, consumers are looking forward to planning cookouts and watching fireworks to commemorate July 4th this year.
See more data in the infographic below and click through to our Independence Day Data Center to get a historical perspective.
About this survey: This year’s survey was fielded to 7,893 consumers and was conducted June 1-June 9, 2021, and has a margin of error of +/- 1.1%
- 2019: Consumers to spend a total $6.7 billion on Fourth of July (Data Center)
- 2018: A ‘Hump Day’ Fourth of July slows down consumer celebrations and spending totals
- 2017: 219 million Americans to celebrate Fourth of July
- 2016: 214 million Americans to celebrate Fourth of July
- 2015: Americans ready for barbecues, travel for Independence Day
Results of NRF’s Independence Day survey are released each year in June.