Director, Foundation Marketing
Floating Share Widget
National Retail Federation’s dedicated staff of more than 100 makes an impact in the lives of retailers, retail employees and consumers every day, and our collaborative culture reflects the passion and innovation of the industry we serve. A career at NRF offers opportunities for learning, travel and professional growth.
As the philanthropic arm of the National Retail Federation (NRF), the NRF Foundation builds the bridge between a growing industry with hundreds of thousands of open positions and jobseekers around the country. Through education, training and experiences for job seekers of all ages and backgrounds, we help more people take their first steps toward promising careers. The NRF and NRF Foundation share the real story of retail, celebrating the breadth and diversity of opportunities in an industry that offers a career for millions, and a first start for millions more.
The National Retail Federation is seeking an experienced and passionate Director of Marketing to join the Marketing team. The Director will lead marketing initiatives for the NRF Foundation, the philanthropic arm of NRF, which shapes the next generation of retail talent and helps leaders give back to the industry they love. The ideal candidate will have the ability to weave a powerful narrative, develop marketing plans with storytelling capability and create an impactful marketing strategy.
- Develop and implement marketing plans for the NRF Foundation and its associated brands.
- Craft creative and impactful brand messaging and marketing communications. Build emotional connections to the NRF Foundation through meaningful brand stories worthy of capturing hearts and minds.
- Develop marketing strategies to cultivate engagement with retail partners and donors
- Leads the creative development for campaigns and asset needs, including developing creative briefs, managing agency partners, gaining alignment and approval across key partners and ensuring all deliverables are on-brand.
- Partners with brand managers on the creation of new awareness opportunities for NRF Foundation in other segments of NRF
- Leads and develops marketing calendar and brand content calendar with full view of Foundation programs and marketing communications
- Collaborates in the development and execution of relevant marketing materials for all programs within the NRF Foundation
- Creates and executes digital communications (primarily email) and other print or digital tools
- Partners with NRF Foundation team to lead and oversee the strategic planning, implementation and optimization of marketing communications programs within paid, earned and owned channels – both on and offline.
- Leads and briefs the relevant media agencies and team on key brand objectives, communication strategies and target audiences.
- Monitors marketplace trends, evaluates new tools and processes, manages vendors/partnerships, and identifies opportunities/enhancements to plans.
- Oversees the development and management of marketing budgets
- Communicates marketing plan performance including digital media performance, website traffic, lead generation, acquisition and retention. Develops a regular communication cadence with agencies and key stakeholders
- Performs other duties as assigned
Background, Skills and /Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, or related field
- Minimum seven years of experience in marketing, 501c3 marketing experience essential
- Strategic thinker with proven cause marketing expertise
- Collaborative, flexible change agent with the ability to facilitate cross-functional thinking to generate ideas, influence thinking, build consensus, and solve problems
- Superior project management experience
- Ability to manage strategically and work tactically at times
- Must have the ability to effectively incorporate data into decisions and process
- Proactive and resourceful with the ability to excel and thrive in a complex, and fast-paced environment
- Strong writing skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Expert user in Excel, Google Analytics and Email execution required
- Some travel
Ho w to apply
To apply, send your resume and one- page cover letter summarizing your interest, qualifications and salary expectations. Please reference the Director, Foundation Marketing position in your cover letter. Email your application to email@example.com, Attention: Director, Human Resources, NRF, 1101 New York Avenue, NW, Suite 1200, Washington, DC 20005.
National Retail Federal offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes focus on work/life satisfaction and balance. NRF seeks to continue to grow a diverse, highly committed, skilled and collaborative staff.
Find out how the retail industry impacts jobs, income and GDP in your state. View the map and check out the data.
NRF made The Washington Post's list of Top Workplaces in D.C. for the second year in a row.