NRF has been conducting its annual graduation spending survey since 2007 to see how Americans will celebrate high school and college graduates each spring.
According to NRF’s annual survey conducted by Prosper Insights & Analytics, 36% of respondents plan to buy a gift for a high school or college graduate in 2023.
- Total spending is expected to reach $5.8 billion
- Once again, cash is the top gift respondents plan to give
- 2019: After graduation: Where this year’s grads will find jobs
- 2018: Graduation spending to reach $5.2 billion
- 2017: Graduation spending to reach record-high $5.6B
- 2016: Americans to spend $5.4 billion on graduation gifts
- 2015: Graduates make room for electronics, cash after graduation
Results of NRF’s graduation spending survey are released each year in May.