The National Retail Federation’s annual Halloween Consumer survey conducted by Prosper Insights & Analytics revealed that total Halloween spending in 2022 was expected to reach a record $10.6 billion, exceeding the previous year’s record of $10.1 billion.
Read on for more consumer insights from the 2022 survey.
Halloween participation returned to pre-pandemic levels this year, according to the National Retail Federation’s annual survey conducted by Prosper Insights & Analytics.
Participation in Halloween-related activities resumed to pre-pandemic levels, with 69% of consumers who planned to celebrate the holiday in 2022, up from 65% in 2021 and comparable to 68% in 2019, according to the National Retail Federation’s annual survey conducted by Prosper Insights & Analytics.
- Article: 3 Ways Generation Z is celebrating Halloween this year
- Press release: Halloween participation returns to pre-pandemic levels with record spending
- Article: 3 trends driving Halloween celebrations in 2021
- Press release: Halloween Spending Soars as Celebrations Near Pre-Pandemic Levels
- Articles: A closer look at Halloween 2020 and Through the retail lens: Spirit Halloween’s outlook
- Press release: Consumers Anticipate New Ways to Celebrate Halloween, Despite COVID-19
- Article: Halloween shopping trends: Then and now
- Data dashboard: Halloween Consumer Spending and Celebration Plans
- Infographic: Halloween shopping trends
- Press release: Halloween spending to reach $8.8 billion
- Infographic: 2018 Halloween shopping behavior
- Press release: Halloween spending to reach $9 Billion
- Article: 3 trends shaping Halloween shopping in 2017
- Infographic: The 2017 Halloween shopper
- Press release: Halloween spending to reach record $9.1 billion
- Article: The evolution of Halloween: 3 trends to watch
- Press release: Halloween spending to reach $8.4 billion, highest in survey history
- Slideshow: Top 2016 Halloween trends
- Top costumes: Superheroes dethrone princesses
- Press Release: 157 million Americans will celebrate Halloween
- Slideshow: Top 2015 Halloween Trends
- Top costumes: Minions, “Star Wars” characters costumes abound for adults, children and pets
Results of the Halloween spending survey are released each year in late September.